Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Catch a falling lover"

Man dies trying to catch suicidal girlfriend as she jumps from 7th floor

I understand the intent, I do, but come on, Wang. . .
A Chinese man was killed last week after trying to catch his suicidal girlfriend as she jumped from the seventh floor of their Quanzhou apartment building in south-eastern China.

The young man, only identified as Wang, tried to break the woman’s fall by holding out his arms, witnesses said. He was killed by the impact of her body landing on top of him, according to Perth Now.

His girlfriend survived the fall, suffering only from bone fractures and other injuries. She was not in critical condition and expected to make a full recovery." [Source]

I know it happened in China, but I could definitely see someone exercising this type of nonsensical behavior here in the US. I always side with the victim, so I'm furious at the fact that the suicidal girlfriend is expected to make a full recovery while Wang is six-feet-under for being her human fall breaker. Ain't that about a b*tch?

I'm sure now more than ever that she's ready to make a second attempt at that jump.

What would you do if you saw someone you loved hurdling towards the sidewalk? I'll be honest -- I'd probably have a panic attack and start crying on the spot. Even with a hysterical flowing of tears I'd still know I can't catch them and live. Not even a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment